Saturday, November 25, 2006

Givenchy and the Bird Girl

Not a whole lot going on today (maybe everyone's still shopping?), but I did find a nice article on Givenchy. It talks about his early days and his personal influences, and how he's personally helped to keep Balenciaga alive. To read more, click here. I must say, he looks very good for 79. You can still see the same young man Audrey first met!



Next up is a tiny article about the upcoming dress auction, but it has a nice quote from Givenchy about his reasons for giving it up. You can click here, or just read the quote below:

I am so pleased to be helping this beautiful foundation. I was having dinner with Dominique Lapierre (who founded the charity) and I told him I had one beautiful piece that I would give to him with pleasure. I was sure Audrey would be very happy about it.
Lastly, I've found a really hilarious article talking about all of the great (and not-so-great) Tarzan rip offs throughout the years. Apparently, Rima the Bird Girl is one of them! Well, not as W.H. Hudson wrote her, but when DC Comics got a hold of her in the 70s. The whole article is really fascinating but the story of Rima in comics is really hilarious. To read more, go here -- the Audrey pertinent parts are roughly halfway down the page (scroll until you see the picture below).

2 comments:

Ankit said...

how on earth did you find this needle from the haystack :)

The Fabulous Audrey Hepburn said...

I have powers . . . and good software. :)