Monday, December 18, 2006

slow going in Audrey Hepburnland

I apologize for the lack of updates here lately, but there really is no news to report. Whatever does come in has already been covered here, and I've pulled out pretty much all of the older things I could rehash. So sorry again that we haven't had much, but I'd rather be silent than give in to the junk that's out there.

There is, however, an older Pizzicato Five song that I don't think I've shared yet. It's called "The Audrey Hepburn Complex" and it's very old P5, before Nomiya Maki became the voice (and face) of the group. The members of Pizzicato Five are all Audrey fans, though, and you can see it more once Nomiya Maki joins by her fashion (and wig) choices.



The video isn't the best quality, but honestly, even on DVD the video quality isn't very good.



Next up is a Dimitri From Paris song called "Une Very Stylish Fille," and it was actually used in that 3-part series I posted a while back called "Most Photographed." It uses clips from Breakfast at Tiffany's, mainly looping 2-E's "I am a very stylish girl" and Holly's famous "How do I look?" Oh, and the video itself is great to look at. Exactly what you'd expect. :)



And lastly, a favourite band of mine: the Divine Comedy! Lead singer/genius Neil Hannon is admittedly a huge fan of Audrey Hepburn and features her in a couple of songs. This song below, "Woman of the World," was written about her portrayal of Holly Golightly. Unfortunately a video was never made, so we'll just have to make do with hearing this fantastic song.




2 comments:

Ankit said...

The song is really good. It does start by default when the page loads. If its unintended, you might want to look into it. I must admit though, it gives a holidayish feel to the page.

The Fabulous Audrey Hepburn said...

Fixed! I thought it'd be nice to have an autoplay while that was the top entry, but it gets annoying once it's old news.