Tuesday, February 27, 2007

My Mother Thought She Was Audrey Hepburn

Always looking for something new and amusing for your reading pleasure, today I've stumbled across two videos that sound interesting. The first is actually a short, 17-minute film seemingly made just for Asian-American studies, and it's called My Mother Thought She Was Audrey Hepburn. It's about a Chinese family living in San Francisco, and the mother of the family tries to make herself look all-American by emulating Jackie Kennedy and Audrey Hepburn. I really wish there was more information on this featurette, or that it was more widely available (unless someone out there really wants to buy a copy for $225, or rent it for $50). You can find a little more information on the film here, if you'd like.

The second rarity for today is called Audrey Hepburn: A Waif in Hollywood, and I really can't find one thing on this video, besides the fact that it's apparently a 50 minute biography that was possibly made for educational purposes. It doesn't seem to be available for sale anywhere, either. Has any one ever heard of or seen this film, or know if it's any good? I'm rather curious.

No comments: