Tuesday, March 13, 2007

from the archives: the Audrey Hepburn stamp unveiling

I'm terribly sorry for the lack of updates lately, but it's really frustrating when there's nothing to report on. So I've decided that when it's been slow for a couple of days, like now, I'll just try to pull something from the archives that newer fans may have missed the first time 'round. For today, it's a reminder of the official unveiling ceremony for the Audrey Hepburn stamp released by the U.S. Postal Service. The ceremony took place in Los Angeles, and since the ceremony was open to the public, I was lucky enough to be able to attend! So I dolled up and brought along my notebook and my camera, and this is what came of it. (The picture to the left is Sean Hepburn Ferrer and Jennifer Love Hewitt, the "godmother" of Audrey Hepburn CARES in L.A., unveiling the stamp to the press.)

All in all, it was a very fun and exciting day, and I wish there were more goings-on like this that regular people like us could crash. :)

No comments: