Wednesday, October 17, 2007

an oil paint obsession with Audrey Hepburn

I've just found an excellent story that I'm sure everyone will love! From the North Devon Gazette comes the story of John Pollitt, an 84 year old retired metalworker who hasn't painted in more than 50 years. A while ago he was in a video store and came across Breakfast at Tiffany's and My Fair Lady. Intrigued, he bought the films and watched them at home and wanted to know more about leading lady Audrey Hepburn. He then bought a book biography on her and started watching biography programs on her when they were on TV, and finally dusted off his paint supplies and started painting her. So far there are 16 portraits of Audrey, from Audrey as Holly Golightly to Audrey in her final role as Goodwill Ambassador to UNICEF, holding a small child. You can read the full, wonderful story here, which I highly recommend.

I just love reading stories like this, don't you?

No comments: