Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Be a part of Audrey

This time, my friends, there's good reason for my not updating regularly. I've been sitting on this as long as I can, but now I must share: I will be in Berlin for the Timeless Audrey exhibit on May 4, Audrey's birthday! I haven't found any details yet but I know that something special is happening on what would have been our fair lady's 80th birthday, so you shall know shortly after I do. :) I will, of course, be taking loads of pictures where I can (there's no photos allowed in the exhibit, but I'll see what I can do in the name of journalistic integrity) and bringing back as much information as possible for everyone that can't just jump out to Germany at the drop of a hat. (There's also rumors that the exhibit may be coming back to the US for a mini-tour, but nothing is confirmed.)

While perusing the exhibit's site, I found a link to some cool little thing that I swear wasn't there before. You can now submit a picture of yourself to be featured in a photo collage of Audrey for the Audrey Hepburn Children's Fund! The catch is that it's about €10 to submit a picture of yourself -- or pay for a friend to upload their own picture -- but nearly all the proceeds go directly to the Children's Fund and their All Children In School program. You can find more information here, though be warned that it's entirely in German. I can give you translations if you want, or you can run it through Babelfish or some other online translator.

Lastly, the gallery exhibit/book signing event in L.A. is tonight and I will be there. Pictures are definitely allowed, so if you're in the neighborhood and can drop by, do so! There's supposed to be previously unseen pictures of Audrey up, plus, there's a picture book to thumb through. Who doesn't love Audrey themed picture books? :)

Svenska Mõbler
154 N. La Brea Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90036
map
6-8 pm

And Saturday morning I will be flying out to Paris and from there to Berlin. I'll be back in Paris for two weeks and will try to hit every Audrey landmark in the city that I can to share with all of you, but I'm also there on "business" (researching a screenplay) and modeling, so I may be a bit loopy from jetlag and not sleeping. We'll see how it goes . . .

2 comments:

Chanel said...

wow what an incredible opportunity to be able to see the exhibit (especially on her birthday)! I hope the rumors are true and that it comes to the U.S. Thanks for all the Audrey info!

signora dotti said...

Can I have your life?