Monday, July 12, 2010

a missed exhibit

I'm busy working on improving the website for you, but while searching for a lost picture, I stumbled across this sweet blog. It's very nice overall, but here's one thing I missed completely: an Audrey exhibit in Paris last year! To coincide with the auction of still more costumes and personal wardrobe, an exhibit was set up at the end of last year in Paris, and the author of Parisian Party of course went. And took very gorgeous pictures, and knows her stuff. I don't want to swipe any of her pictures, so you'll just have to visit her site for yourself. Link directly to the Audrey exhibit here.

Speaking of things I've missed, when the most famous dress in the world, the long black Breakfast at Tiffany's dress, was auctioned in 2006 it was widely publicised when someone wore it. The model for Christie's, seen out and about modeling on the streets, was published everywhere. When Natalie Portman posed in it for Harper's Bazaar, I bought a copy to carefully cut apart, scan and share with you. But for some reason I heard nothing about model Georgia Frost modeling the gown for ES Magazine! Thankfully, I happened to stumble across Style Bubble, who has pictures and a brief write-up for your viewing pleasure.

No comments: