Wednesday, January 24, 2007

the Audrey comic you probably didn't know about

A few years ago there was a fantastic Italian/English Audrey Hepburn fansite run by a wonderful young lady by the name of Sandra. She was very kind to me when The Fabulous Audrey Hepburn was just starting, and one Christmas she sent her international friends a copy of an Italian comic book called Julia. It was about a young woman who solved crimes, and the character was obviously based on Audrey. The comic itself was very good (from what I could translate -- my Italian is about as rusty as can be), and it's being turned into a PC game! An Italian development company by the name of Artematica is developing it, but no word is out yet on the plot. You can find a little more information here, and if I can get around to it, I'll scan more of my comic for you to go through.

And a big thank you to Sandra for giving me this comic in the first place. Her site, sadly, is no longer around, but her impact on me still lingers and I'm sure she's still the same fantastic person she was back then. Thank you, Sandy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Sandra still is the same fantastic person. She designed the current Audrey1.com site and is administrator of the Italian section of the A1 forum.

The Fabulous Audrey Hepburn said...

Glad to hear she's still involved in the Audrey scene! And doubly glad to hear she's still fantastic. :)