Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Ode to Audrey Hepburn

When I find it, I like to profile Audrey Hepburn fan artwork because it's nice to see people still so influenced by her and willing to make her a part of their art world. I also like to find the not so mainstream art, which means things you usually don't see mass produced and/or for sale everywhere. I came across a place called Etsy again (I say again because it's been sitting in my bookmarks forever, and I'd forgotten it was there), and on a whim did a search for Audrey's name. There was one artist's work which stood out to me, mainly this painting of Holly Golightly knitting from Breakfast at Tiffany's (left). It's a limited edition print in a run of 50 on canvas that you can have just on canvas, or stretched on a wooden frame, if you're more into 3-D wall hangings. I just really like the drawing style in general, so I wanted to share!

The artist, elloh, has another Audrey piece up on the website, this one called Ode to Audrey Hepburn (right). This one is a mixed media and is one-of-a-kind and much more handmade than the prints.

Note: I do not know this artist and this is definitely not my art, so please don't think I'm giving a friend free publicity. I just really like this!

And speaking of Holly Golightly knitting, I have a Stitch 'n B---h page-a-day calendar (name edited for those of you at work or under other filters), and this was last Thursday's page:


Pretty cool, huh? The quote isn't exactly correct, but it doesn't even really matter. I was just happy to have some Audrey and some knitting that day.

No comments: