Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Audrey Hepburn: A Life In Pictures review

Anova Books, the publishing house that is releasing the new picture book Audrey Hepburn: A Life In Pictures this November, was kind enough to send me an advance copy of the book to review for this site. I found it waiting on my doorstep for me after a hard day at work, so I took the cat (and the book) outside and gave it a good going-over. It's a beautifully bound hardcover book, and after a short and very sweet introduction by Hubert de Givenchy and a biography on Audrey, the rest is beautiful pictures! Most are full-page photos, and lots of the photos featured in the book are either completely new or else larger reproductions of great pictures I've only been able to find as a tiny, pixelated thumbnail somewhere online. It was so great to sit out in the sun and relax with some quality Audrey eye candy after a draining day, and this book will make a perfect coffee table book for anyone, new or old fan.

I'll write a more in-depth review in a little bit and that will be the permanent review on the reviews page, and maybe take some pictures of the book to post here and tease you with. :) Don't forget that the book will be released on November 1st in the US, and you can pre-order here through Amazon. For those of you in the UK it will come out on September 4th, you lucky dogs, and you can pre-order here.

Extra special thanks to Rebecca at Anova for being sweet enough to send me a copy of this fantastic book. I'm not overexaggerating when I say that you've made my year, darling!

*Note: I know updates here have been few and far between, and I both apologize for my spottiness and thank everyone for being so patient. I'm working really hard on not working so much (outside of Fab Audrey, that is), so I can devote more time to this and the things I really enjoy in life. Like all things Audrey. :) Thank you again for your patience and I
will make it up to all of you!

2 comments:

Bill said...

you got a free copy? lucky

i guess ill have to buy it like a schlub. oh well, from what you said it's worth it.

Anonymous said...

It seems a good book,thanks for your news.