Tuesday, April 15, 2008

the ultimate Mother's Day gifts

I just got a little catalogue in the mail from UNICEF, and it's encouraging their members to buy one of their Inspired Gifts for your mum this Mother's Day (May 11th). I think it's actually a very sweet idea, seeing that the holiday is just a made up Hallmark holiday anyway, and could you give the woman who gave you life* anything better than the chance to touch other childrens lives? The gifts in the catalogue range from an insanely affordable treated mosquito net to save children from insects and disease ($15), to a motorcycle used to speed medicine to unreachable people ($1,980)! Don't worry, there's plenty in between, I just wanted to highlight the price range to show that practically anyone can afford these gifts. Buy it in your mum's name and she has just saved a life. Isn't that fantastic? I think Audrey would have loved to have gotten that sort of gift. :)

If you're interested in doing this as a gift for someone, or because you're flush with a tax return and would like to do something good with your extra cash, you can browse the shop yourself here, or call 1-800-4UNICEF.

*or who raised you and made you the person you are, which is just as important!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's very sweet! I'll definitely consider that for my mother. she'd really appreciate it.
Charade came on cable last night and I watched it for the first time. a new favorite!

Tay Tay said...

What a MARVELOUS idea! My mother will definetely appreciate it! Thanks for the update!

Guapóloga said...

Thank you very much for the tip: I love the idea of do something else besides spend money!!

Have a great week

Simone

Anonymous said...

I Had this blog on my links!!!
We loved Audrey!