Monday, October 16, 2006

Sean speaks about "Enchantment" and "Treasures"

I think this is the first time I've heard Sean Ferrer talking about Donald Spoto's biography Enchanted, and why he chose not to be involved in The Audrey Hepburn Treasures. The article talks briefly about why Spoto decided to toss his hat into the ring, since so many biographies on Audrey already exist, and turns from there to a phone interview with Sean from his Children's Fund office in Santa Monica. I think this quote is the most telling:
Sean said he had been aware of his mother's extramarital affairs, so Spoto's book would be no surprise for him.
Does this include the Robert Anderson affair? And if so, does he know about Anderson's book about the affair already? I'm about a quarter of the way through it so far, but my assistant has skipped ahead, and the book is, um, pretty steamy. I certainly know I wouldn't want to read that about my own mother. Anyway, the full article can be found here.

The next item is kind of silly, and flogging a dead horse, now that the Gap ads are done. But here's a member of an older generation giving her take on the commercials and why she likes them.

Next up is a short You Tube clip from Access Hollywood, which talks briefly (14 seconds, to be exact) about the B@T dress going up for auction and Natalie Portman wearing it for Bazaar. If you look closely, and if you've watched these clips already, then you'll notice that the interview was on the same day they paraded the dress around Tiffany's and had a press conference about the upcoming auction. There's also a new picture of her wearing the dress that I hadn't seen before.




(Picture found at natalieportman.com, hosted by moi. I hope they don't mind!)

And finally, more updates on the site. I've added a lot more quotes to the quotes page, both from Audrey and about her, and there's also a review of Funny Face up.

No comments: