Thursday, October 12, 2006

videos about the "Breakfast at Tiffany's" dress going to auction

I found some videos from various news shows across the U.S. that talk about the upcoming auction of the long black dress from BAT. And might I just add I giant "I KNEW IT!" because this clip states that "according to Givenchy [who donated the dress], this is not the dress worn in the film. There are three dresses; one is in the costume museum in Madrid, and one is in Givenchy's own personal archives in Paris. This is the only dress that will ever come on the market." The model wearing the dress in this clip reminds me of Selma Blair, and she's obviously a wee bit short for the dress. (Note: you have to sit through a short ad before the news clip itself plays, and you can't skip it or fast forward through it. So don't worry, I didn't give you the wrong link.)

The next clip just talks a bit more about the background of the dress (Givenchy shipped the designs out and Edith Head's people made 3 copies) and shows the model walking out to the picture window to halfway recreate the opening of the film. Maybe it's just me, but doesn't the dress seem less special if everyone gets to wear it? Especially since Audrey herself might not have ever put it on. I dunno.

No comments: